Design is in the details
- Analysis of learner needs including performance improvement.
- To structure the ID process, I like to utilize the ADDIE Model of Design, as well as Kemp’s Model of Design which adopts a continuous implementation/evaluation cycle.
- In-depth knowledge of instructional models including Adult Learning Theory.
- Writing measurable learning objectives.
- Selection of learning theories based on my experience with a variety of instructional strategies.
- Design and development: story-boarding, script-writing, content development, curriculum writing, info-graphics, work-aids, creating scenario based eLearning, audio recording, and utilizing course authoring programs.
- Aligning Instructional Objectives, Learning Strategies, and Assessments for consistent learning outcomes.
- Listen: Gather input and information. Give attention to the project with deep listening skills. Look for the root-cause of performance gaps, and keep an open mind in order to identify the best solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Think: Take time to think things through individually, and together as a team, in order to develop a strategic road-map for learning (or other) solutions.
- Move Forward: Create action steps in order to create a road-map to the ultimate goal.
- Inspire: Create engagement and inspire audience through clear, step-by-step processes, and interactive design.
- Refine: Evaluate results for continual improvement.
BILD - Bridgeway Independent Living Designs Online Course
BILD – Bridgeway Independent Living Designs is a company that provides products and services in order to help therapists, caregivers and patients with independent living and home accessibility.
Safe, comfortable sleep and proper postural alignment is often difficult for people with physical disabilities. The therapists at BILD noticed that these issues are even more concerning for caregivers who take care of their loved ones at home because they often are dealing with these issues without the assistance of medical personnel. Symmetrisleep helps provide safe bed positioning for persons with disabilities.
BILD plans to offer an online course to introduce the Symmetrisleep Product to the Wisconsin and Illinois Markets and provide training for therapists, caregivers and patients on the benefits of the product and how to use the product.
- We first worked through the Front-End Analysis determining the Instructional Need and Orienting Context, took a Technology Inventory, applied Learning Theories and determined the Learning Objectives.
- The aim, or business objective, is to create awareness about product that is new to the United States but that has been used successfully in Europe for many years.
- BILD plans to provide training for therapists, caregivers, and patients on the benefits of the product and how to use the product safely in clinical and home settings.
- The primary audience includes: Occupational and Physical Therapists, Wheelchair Providers (ATPs), Physicians, Nurses and other healthcare providers. The secondary audience includes: Caregivers and/or Patients who will benefit from the solution.
- The online course will include video instruction, interactive matching exercises to help the learner identify (name and sort) the product components, and scenarios to build critical thinking skills that are relevant to the use of the product.
- In addition, we plan to offer downloadable resources and give the option for in-person demonstrations for individuals and groups who request more information.
Your content here...