UW Stout EDUC 765
Professor Nicholle Stone
This online instructional design course provides an introduction to learning theory, instructional design models, and the instructional design and development process. You will study variables that affect adult learning, techniques for stimulating and sustaining learner motivation, and how to reinforce learning. Whether you are in health care, education, business, software development or any other industry, this online course will help you to analyze, design, and develop instruction.
Upon completion of the instructional design course, students will be able to:
- Analyze processes of designing instruction and summarize the components of instructional design models.
- Compare and analyze several models for instructional design.
- Apply motivation theory to the instructional design process.
- Apply and summarize adult learning theories.
- Compare learning theories and create a learning philosophy.
- Research and analyze components needed to conduct a front-end analysis for an instructional product and explain variables linked to cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Apply research-based design model(s) to an instructional problem.